5. Do you offer a Service Level Agreement (SLA) or would you be willing to negotiate one with me?
We offer 3 tiers of strong, financially backed SLAs, which we endeavour to continue to beat all the time. MSB monitors all RADIUS and supporting services 24x7x365, enabling us to offer our clients more than just a paper promise.
Our service promise in a nutshell:
We define what you may expect from the MSB team and our solutions beyond service and support availability, down to mean time to repair, service request and reporting level.
6. Can I introduce cost control measures by deploying a managed MSB Micro Systems RADIUS service?
Yes, we provide Volume Tracking with Quotas; Soft Suspend and In-Session Termination services.
7. Are live statistics regarding connections and usage of the service available?
Yes, clients may access statistical information and draw reports themselves from the Client Service Portal.
8. What security features are included in the MSB Micro Solutions Managed Radius Service?
Much of the security associated with RADIUS is provided by the use of shared secrets. A shared secret is basically an encryption key that is known to the RADIUS client (NAS), as well as the RADIUS server (or RADIUS proxy). The shared secret is used to encrypt authentication credentials and data and is set up during the installation process.
9. What is Volume Tracking with Quotas (VTQ)?
VTQ enables companies to define and set data quotas per user. Usage is monitored on an on-going basis and alerts are generated when pre-defined thresholds are reached. This early warning system is designed to give enterprises the ability to control their data expenditure, curb and prevent system abuse and identify faulty remote devices.
10. What is Soft Suspend (SS) and In-Session Termination (IST)?
SS provides functionality that enables temporary user suspension through the Client Service Portal. IST works in collaboration with SS whereby a device may be kicked off the Network mid-session. This is particularly useful when dealing with lost or stolen SIM cards or faulty devices.
When the SS and IST features are coupled with VTQ, the cost control and device monitoring tool starts to operate like a bouncer for your Network. Devices and users exceeding their set quotas are automatically suspended and kicked off the Network. Lifting a suspension requires administrator intervention through the Client Service Portal.
11. I have my own RADIUS server, is it possible to access the specialised MSB RADIUS features?
Yes! MSB Micro Systems will provide a RADIUS Proxy solution which will proxy only validated connection requests to your enterprise’s RADIUS with the required features enabled while also providing an extra AAA service layer.
The MSB Managed Proxy RADIUS interfaces with various RADIUS platforms, such as Windows Active Directory and ISP RADIUS solutions.
12. Our clients are interested in MSB's services. Do you enter into partnerships?
Yes. Our reseller pricing structures are modeled on a tiered basis. Please contact MSB Sales for further information.